It should be noted, that an Application such as Shadow dash works many aspects of a tablet. It has intense graphics while using Bluetooth, GPS, accelerometers and other sensors. For best results a device with good quality graphics and core processor will provide the best experience.
It is highly recommended that you get a name brand quality device. Many of the very cheap no-brand tablets may be able to run basic apps, but commonly have trouble with buggy drivers that will cause you heart ache. If buying a tablet for this purpose, stick with devices such as Google, Asus, Acer, Samsung, etc.
- Android 2.3 or Higher
- Bluetooth capability, Host mode USB or WiFi requires 3.0 and higher with a device that
- Bluetooth to RS232 Adapter (For Wireless bluetooth use)
- FTDI Based USB to RS232 Adapter (For USB wired connectivity*)
- WiFi to RS232 Adapter for WiFi Operation.
*Your Andoid Device must support USB Host mode or this simply will not work. More and more newer tablets and phones are supporting Host mode, but older devices commonly do not.
Optional feature support:
- Accelerometer on Android (most 2.2 or higher Android devices will have this)
- GPS sensor
Having the Accelerometer and GPS allows you to capture this additional data.